Gujarati Dal | Family Food Tales with Mrs Alyona Kapoor | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana. GUJARATI DAL - (Serves - 4)
1½ cups split pigeon peas (toovar dal), soaked and drained
½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
2 tablespoons raw peanuts
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon ghee
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1 sprig fresh curry leaves
1-2 green chillies, slit
2 dried red chillies
3-4 kokum petals
1 tablespoon jaggery powder
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Pressure cook pigeon peas in sufficient water with fenugreek seeds, peanuts, turmeric powder, salt and ½ teaspoon ghee till the pressure is released for 2-3 times. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add cumin seeds and sauté for a few seconds. Add asafoetida and sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Add curry leaves, green chillies and red chillies and sauté for a minute. Add cooked pigeon peas and little water, stir to mix and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add kokum petals and jaggery, mix well and bring to a boil. Add some more water, stir and boil for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and mix well.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves, drizzle ½ teaspoon ghee on top and serve hot with steamed rice.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Tags: Gujarati Dal | Family Food Tales with Mrs Alyona Kapoor | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana, Gujrati Dal, chef alyona recipe, how to make gujarati dal, dal tadka, Family Food Tales, chef alyona kapoor, kali dal, maa ki dal, dal fry, khatti meethi dal, simple recipe, Sanjeev kapoor recipe, master chef, wonder chef, cooksmart, style chef, indian cusine, hi tea, restaurant, chef, cafe, foodie, cook, recipe, fat to fit, quick & easy recipe, smart chef, butter chicken, dessert, strater